California Coaster Kings attended the Opening Night of this year’s spectacular Knott’s Scary Farm! Thanks to the Fright Lane and Skeleton Key passes we manage to visit all shows, all mazes, all Skeleton Key rooms, and all Scare Zones! In this particular review we’re taking a look at the event’s three Scare Zones, and at their shows: Elvira’s Asylum, and The Hanging: Straight Outta Calico.
- Dia De Los Muertos – Being my least favorite Scare Zone at Knott’s Scary Farm, I must say they actually managed to create a few jump scares here and there. With the party like atmosphere the Scare Zone has, and it being located in the Fiesta Village section of the park, the Scare Zone does perfectly match the setting. And due to the size of it, it doesn’t feel as uncompleted as CarnEvil may feel. Overall, it’s not a strong Scare Zone, but it perfectly fits the setting and is a hit among the youth that likes dance-party sorts of things at events like these.
- Ghost Town Streets – This is by far the best Scare Zone at Knott’s Scary Farm, and I believe almost everyone would agree. Knott’s took the original Ghost Town, filled it with fog and had a bunch of western-esque Scare Actors walk around. Due to the narrow streets filled with buildings, there are plenty of hiding spots, and it really adds to the feel of the Scare Zone. Unlike the other two, its huge size actually works out due to the layout of the scare zone, the excessive use of fog, and the overall authentic Knott’s feel that I really appreciate.
- CarnEvil – I feel that CarnEvil has improved from last year, but it still failed to impress me. Stretching all over the boardwalk, from Supreme Scream! to the Western Entrance of the park, it’s just simply too large for my liking. The area is very open and wide, there’s no fog, and at one point the surprise is just gone. Besides the size though, I do really like the characters, they were fun to watch, and looked quite cool! I think that if the park were to add actual props for this Scare Zone on the midways (small circus tops for example) and added fog, the Scare Zone would be a lot better. Don’t misunderstand, I actually like this Scare Zone, but it’s just simply too big for me.
- The Hanging: Straight Outta Calico – I must say, I freaking love the shows this year! The Hanging: Straight Outta Calico was controlled by the audience, as they message options live during the show. This year was another success, in which they made fun of plenty of pop artists, movies, music, and trends, even a good amount of politics. 😀 I don’t want to give much away, but this show is hilarious, and should definitely be seen when at Knott’s Scary Farm!
- Elvira’s Asylum – I was kind of disappointed with Elvira’s show last year, but WOW this year’s show blew me away! It was fantastic! Lots of great dancing, awesome stage, cool light effects, and a lot more Elvira! She was hilarious this year, lots of great humor, and be ready for lots of BOOBS. I was very entertained the entire show through, the dancers were great, their outfits were great, the acrobatics were great. Overall… it was… GREAT! I would also advise everyone to go see Elvira’s Asylum this year, you will not be disappointed!
Scary Farm was impressively good this year! I very much enjoyed the event, but I do have a few words of advice; Do not expect much from their Scare Zones. The mazes are incredible (CHECK OUT OUR MAZE REVIEWS), and their shows are also on point this year! So focus on getting as many mazes in (as possible), and at least one show. Good thing with the shows, there’s a lot of room for a large audience, so those are easier to get in than all the mazes. Again, a great event this year! Come visit I’d say!
Thank you for checking out the Scare Zone and Show Reviews of Knott’s Scary Farm 2015, we have the MAZE Ratings and Reviews LIVE here, so check back! In addition, share your thoughts of the Scare Zones and shows with us below! What’s your favorite?
Our Halloween 2015 Page is also LIVE. This page gathers all California Theme-park Halloween coverage on ONE simple page, and is an ultimate guide to use! Click on the banner to be redirected and prepare your Halloween trip! (All Halloween Horror Nights Reviews and Ratings are also found there!)